Thursday, March 8, 2018

Interview with Myself

Came across this article i starred a few years back and worth reviewing and answering. Hmmm...let's check if there's any changes since.

From time to time, it's good to have a conversation with yourself -- maybe even an interview. This is how i do it.

First, i sit down in front of my computer while doing so many things in between and Michael Buble is on the background. 
Dear self, you are 41 years old. What do you have to show for it? Are you living the dream? ..nah! far from the one i dreamt of but at least leading into that direction.
As you look back on your life, what are you most proud of, what do you regret, and how do you feel about each of those things? 

i am proud of being me right here, right now. If i could change a thing, it would be to better the version of myself today. 

I don't have regrets. I try not to have one. I believe that i chose the best decision i have given the circumstance of that time. I feel great nevertheless with all the ups and down and the topsy-turvy life i lived and living.

Here are a few follow-ups:
  • What's next, self? ..i'd like to be freer and travel often. Study online and engage in farming. Have my own little house in the countryside with the twins and work at home. I chose to manage my time rather than time dictates me it's time to sleep or work or whatever

  • Why do you do the things you do? ..i feel joy in doing so and i believe i'm co-creating the world with the little things i can contribute

  • What do you really believe in? (What do you know to be true?) ..i believe we are all one. There is only heaven to go to after my physical life but i will be back reincarnated with my higher version of awareness. I believe that the world is kind and abundant and is filled with love. Love is innate and universal. We all want one thing: to love and be loved in return. I believe a day will come or it might have come and i'm just not aware. I believe religion is just another institution to make money and cage people and threaten them they'll go to hell if you don't pay your tithes and whatever. Love is freedom and freedom is love. That is all why we came here. To be able to experience and demonstrate that.

  • Where do you find your security? ..knowing that there is no guarantee in this life. I may be dead any moment while doing this. I may be disable tonight. Nothing can guarantee my safety. When it's time to go on, then we go whether or not i'm prepared or whatnot.

  • What bothers you, and what are you doing about it? ..it bothers me that people don't care much how they trample upon mother earth. How they take things for granted like water. The level of awareness of the majority is still superficial and i wonder when they're going to wake up and do something consciously. I do my share in taking care of the earth and valuing what really matters like avoiding plastic use, consuming organic and natural products, saving water whenever i can, etc.

  • What worries you? ..i'm worried that i'll die and i'm not even halfway through realizing my dreams. I'm worried for the day to come that my mother won't be here anymore as if there's one thing i'd like to freeze in this life, that would be having her while i'm here. ;)

  • If you had one year left to live, how would you spend it? ..spend most of it being in the forest, biking, waterfalls visits and having the best food i can have.
***

Of course, when you interview yourself, you can customize the interview however you see fit. The point is to make sure you know why you're doing what you do, and if you should make any changes. Simple, except when it's not.

How about you -- are you satisfied with your answers? Are you living the dream? 

Paano maging member ng Truly Rich Club ni Bo Sanchez Maging Milyonarya sa Stock Market Paano Kumita Habang nasa Bahay

No comments: